the REAL me
yesterday, I read a post by Head over Heels….In Debt! where she had shared some personal information that she hadn’t shared in the past. Her motivation came from Corbett Barr who wrote “33 Things I’ve Never Told You (or, How to Re-Introduce Yourself and Kick Your Watered-Down Self in the Ass)“.
I have always wanted to share more, but at times I was never really sure how incorporate things.
- I love to talk to people and will properly introduce myself to someone who sits next to me on the bus/train. Normally, I can get people to tell me some pretty interesting things or things not normally shared on the first meeting.
- On Friday nights I like chill at home in my PJs with pizza, ice cream and a redbox movie. After a busy week the last thing I want to do is go out. Saturday night is when I like to go out on the town.
- I love Janet Jackson and haven’t missed a concert since her JANET album.
- I’ve lived in Missouri, Colorado, Texas, Washington DC (plus my current state and one country). I love them all for different reasons. I fear that I will live in the city I live in now forever. The thought of living in one place forever is not appealing at all.
- My favorite movies are “Don’t be a Menace to South Central while drinking your juice in the hood” and “Grease”
- The two drinks I consume the most are water and milk.
- I am not a consultant, but I fly at least twice a week for work. I can spot a consultant on the plane from a mile away.
- I was a cheerleader in college, but not in high school
- I wish my college had a football team.
- If I could be anything I would want to be a back-up dance for Janet Jackson.
- I am not interested in buying a home until I am married. This may change when I get out of debt.
- Sign language is interesting to me. I learn from deaf friend in middle school.
- I have had one or more roommate for 11 out of the past 12 years.
- Museums are boring. I prefer to see how things are made or how they work.
- At 30, I have only been a bridesmaid one and all I had to do was show up in the Caribbean with a dress the color of the ocean.
- Politics: I am not sure why Poli-Sci major are responsible for running the cities, states and country. Wouldn’t make more sense to have someone who has experience running a business.
- My Dad hasn’t turned 50 yet and sometimes it seem like he never will.
- I take at least 3 pictures of everything event I attend. Since 2007 I have created my own personal yearbook from the pictures I have taken. I am very detailed in the way I story my pictures. People who don’t upload pictures in a timely manner make me crazy.
- Valentine’s Day has been my favorite holiday for years, even though this year is the first year I had a Valentine.
- People who don’t read books, make we wonder if their brain is growing or if they will be the same person 10 years from now that they are today.
- Most guys in my candidate pool disqualify themselves because they lack ambition.
- The process of arranged marriages (meetings) amazes me and I have applied some things I learned to my own dating life.
- I don’t drink, ice cream is my vice.
- Working from home is not something I am interested in doing.
- Even though I have a master’s degree, I a very interested in the opportunity to be a stay at home mom. My degree is a back up plan just in case something happens to my husband. The older I get the more I realize I will probably work at least part-time in a professional capacity.
- My aunt calls me Princess and cooks my favorite meal every time I visit. This isn’t often since she is 1500+ miles away.
- Professionally I would like to work in the education industry as a business person/administrator.
- I am not pleased that many HBCU’s do not offer need based money. It is not likely that I will send my children/money to one.
- I am a belly dancer.
- Fill out or complete this type of activity is fun for me.
- Sudoku is easy for me (most of the time)
Last, but not least…I enjoy knowing random personal information about the bloggers I follow.